Maintain your weight – and healthy eating habits – seven days a week with some smart strategies. Researchers tracking adults for a year found that they ate, on average, 200 calories more on Saturdays, the most dangerous day for weight management. Over time, those 200 extra calories add up to a few pounds gained over the course of a year.
While everyone deserves a day off, you need to be careful not to overdo it. So how do you splurge without destroying your healthy habits?
- Eat like it’s a weekday
- Stick to your usual sleep schedule
- Get outdoors
- Fuel yourself for workday success
- Limit your drinks (alcoholic)
- Plan for relaxation
- Break the on-again, off-again diet mentality
- Weigh in Monday morning
- Plan for the week ahead
- Squeeze in a longer workout since you have more free time.