Healthy decisions will do your world a whole lot of good – how you feel today, tomorrow, and in the future.
Healthy Lifestyle Tip: Minimize Soreness with Anti-Inflammatory Foods
These foods possess properties that help reduce inflammation and soreness:
• Omega-3’s: salmon, sardines, walnuts, ground flaxseed
• Vitamin C: broccoli, Brussels sprouts, bell pepper, citrus fruit
• Carotenoids: sweet potato, carrots, pumpkin, spinach, kale
• Anthocyanins: berries, cherries, purple/red grapes
• Quercetin: apples, onions, tomatoes, deep colored lettuce, apricots
• Ginger and turmeric – sprinkle into tuna salad, stir fries, soups, and curries; steep to make a tea; or add to smoothies.
Inflammation is part of the body’s immune response; without it, we can’t heal. But when it’s out of control it can damage the body.